The “Orchards Cookery Course” is a great all round cookery course:
- It is “hands on” and great fun, each day concluding with a dinner party.
- Five day or two week courses are available (short enough for students to remain focused and enthusiastic about cooking, but long enough to turn a complete beginner into a competent cook).
- It is intensive with over 100 different dishes covered on a five day course. The menus are chosen specifically so that we can teach as many different techniques on a course as possible.
- Students learn a huge variety of dishes, including roast meals, curry, salads, soups, mince and all the meals you can make with it (spaghetti bolognaise, cottage pie, lasagne, chilli), cooked breakfasts, cakes and biscuits, ice creams and sorbets, meringues, sushi, quiches, dinner party foods, vegetarian options etc.
- The course provides a life skill with immediate earning potential. Some students go on to cook in chalets, villas, hunting, shooting and fishing lodges and on yachts etc.
- The course is designed so that we can train groups of mixed abilities, so they are suitable for complete beginners as well as more experienced cooks.
- Courses are residential, accommodation is included in the fees.
- There is a Wine Tasting evening with a cheese board (optional extra available on most courses).
- Students can do the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering while on the course (an optional extra) which is recommended to students who may want to earn money with their new skills.
- Courses qualify for The Residential Project of The Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (we are an Approved Activity Provider)
- The course fulfils the creativity requirements of the CAS of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme
- Students have a tour of the kitchen garden to see how some of the produce they use is grown and harvested.
- Calorie burning facilities; a gym with commercial equipment including a treadmill, cross trainer, rowing machine, cycle, suspension trainers, utility bench and dumbbells, a badminton court, volley ball and other games played in the garden.
- Other facilities include a licensed bar and dancefloor, pool table, football table, outdoor table tennis tables, and two pianos and guitars for the musically minded.
- Students receive a goodie bag which includes The Orchards Cookery Book, which has over 420 fool proof recipes that are fuss free, impressive and delicious.
The course sets students up giving them the confidence, skills and enthusiasm to cook their way through life.
Dates & Prices
Five Day Course (£795-£1,045) Two Week Course (£1,595-£2,095)
Five Day Course
22 October 2018
- 26 October 2018 (£995)
29 October 2018
- 02 November 2018 (£995)
10 December 2018
- 14 December 2018 (£795)
17 December 2018
- 21 December 2018 (£895)
Two Week Course
Click here to see a full list of dates and prices »
05 November 2018
- 16 November 2018 (£2,095)